Maine Children’s Growth Council has the following current committees. For more about these committees, visit accomplishments.
- Planning Committee – Charged to develop a draft Strategic Plan during 2017-2018 with recommendations to the next Governor and Legislature, with input from other stakeholders and participation of the Council members and guests at the Council meetings.
- Communications – Charged to build public will for early childhood investment and communicate the work of the Maine Children’s Growth Council to policymakers.
- Health Accountability Team – Charged to support the development/enhancement of a family-centered health system that supports attachment, focuses on prevention and early intervention, and seeks to ensure health-literate consumers.
- Family Committee: Charged to ensure that Maine families have access to a comprehensive array of family-centered, collaborative prevention services, including Home Visiting, Family Literacy, Parenting Education, and child abuse prevention. To ensure that Maine supports family-friendly practices that enable families of young children to secure their basic needs.
- Professional Development Alignment Team: Charged to integrate the early childhood professional development systems in Maine – birth through age 8. Professional Development as defined by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) combines Education, Training and Technical Assistance.
Though not a committee of the Council, the Maine Resilience Building Network (MRBN) was founded in 2012 through the efforts of the Health Accountability Team of the Council in response to a statewide survey focused on respondent knowledge about Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs).
MRBN is a robust network of individuals and organizations throughout Maine working to provide cross-sector education about ACES and to promote strategies at the local level to foster resilience.