- Completion of the report on the three-year project on the Social and Emotional Learning & Development Project in 2017.
- Participated in 2017 and in 2015 in the bi-annual Maine ACEs Conference: Thriving Maine Communities in Northport, hosted by the Maine Resilience Building Network (MRBN) with other statewide partners. MRBN grew from early work accomplished by the Council’s Health Accountability Team. (Note ACEs stands for Adverse Childhood Experiences.)
- Increased the rates of developmental screening for children birth to age three from 2011 MaineCare baseline data from less than 3% to over 21%, surpassing target of 20%, a project that began with the Council’s Health Accountability Team and expanded to become the Developmental Systems Integration (DSI) Project under the leadership of Maine Quality Counts.
- Helped launch with the DSI Project a study on implementing Help Me Grow model in Maine, and the DSI Project recommended 15 key points for implementation in a final report released in August 2016. This effort is funded through a contract between the Maine Center for Disease Control and Maine Quality Counts.
- Hosted two Bridging Professional Development Across Early Care and Education Sectors events and follow-up webinar. The purpose was to engage Maine professional development stakeholders in learning about models of integrated professional development systems and to explore Maine’s vision for an integrated system.
- Published White Paper on Parent Education in Maine in partnership with the University of Maine.
- Hosted a Legislative Reception on February 23, 2016 with guest speakers from Maine State Chamber of Commerce, Maine Chiefs of Police Association, and Maine Sheriffs’ Association.
For more details about these accomplishments, check out Maine Children’s Growth Council 2015-2016 Report to the Governor and Maine Legislature under the Reports & Resources.